Exam Prepper Ltd is committed to protecting the safety, privacy and security of all of our registered users; including students, teachers, school administrators and parents (collectively, Users).
We are also sensitive to our Users’ concerns about the safety of the personal information provided to us.
- What information we collect (see relevant section below);
- How we collect it (see relevant section below);
- How we use it (see relevant section below).
- What we explicitly commit NOT to do with it (see relevant section below);
- How long we hold it for.(see relevant section below);
- How we keep it secure.(see relevant section below);
- What your protection rights are (see relevant section below);
- What happens if we amed this policy in any way (see relevant section below);
Exam Prepper Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration no. 11685587. Its registered address is 4 Ethelden Road, London, W12 7BG. We are registered with the Independent Commissioners Office, registration reference no: ZA501228. A copy of this certificate can be downloaded here.
We are committed to ensuring that personal data is:
- processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner;
- only collected and processed for specified and lawful purposes;
- kept no longer than necessary;
- processed in accordance with an individual’s rights;
- kept secure;
- not transferred to countries outside of the EU without adequate protection.
Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring that processed / aggregated data is adequate, accurate, relevant and calculated and stored at an appropriate level.
What information do we collect?
- We collect personal information and anonymous information.
- We may collect the following information on our customers, prospective customers and all users of our site:
- Name, email address, contact details (including phone number(s) for teachers and administrators only), school name, school year, class, school address and country.
- We may also collect detail of any activity on the site plus any other information you provide us with; e.g. interactions with our sales or customer support teams.
- We may use this information to create aggregate information, but this will not identify individual students and cannot be reasonably be used to do so.
- We do not collect unnecessary personal information.
- It is not practical for users of the site to remain anonymous as we will be unable to interact with you, provide you with reporting functionality, or answer any enquiries if we are unable to identify you or collect your information.
- In the case of school/educational institution customers (School Customers), we will seek consent from the School Customer to be provided with User information for and on behalf of all students, teachers or other members of staff.
- In the case of individual / home subscriptions (Home Customers) we seek consent from the Home Customer at the time of purchasing and registering the product to use the information collected.
- Users who do not give this consent cannot provide us with their personal information and cannot use the site.
- Any user may withdraw consent at any time.
How will we collect and process your information?
- We may collect your personal information in a number of ways; including:
- directly from you (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so);
- from school / educational institution customers (e.g. teachers or school administrators that purchase access to our Site for their students and teachers);
- from parents that register their child(ren) to use the Site.
- from users’ activity on the site; or
- from third parties such as our distributors (resellers and sales agents).
- In order to register for the products and services offered by Exam Prepper Ltd, students who register individually and not as part of a school, must consent at the time of registration to provide us with their personal information such as their name, age and email address (or if they are under 13 years of age, or legally a minor in their relevant location, a parent or guardian must consent on their behalf).
- Alternatively, parents registering on behalf of their child(ren), must consent at the time of registration to provide us with information about them and their child(ren).
- Administrators registering for their class or school must give their consent at the time of registration to provide us with their own name, school name, school contact details (including email address, telephone number and address and their email address, as well as the names, email addresses, and classes of their teachers and students.
- Teachers registering for their class or school must give their consent at the time of registration to provide us with their own name, class name, school name and their email address, as well as the names and email addresses of their students.
How will we use your information?
The information collected from Users, customers or prospective customers may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our products and services;
- To provide quotes;
- To provide offers;
- To provide reports to students on their activity on the site;
- To provide reports for teachers on the activity of the students in the classes that have been allocated to them by their school administrator;
- To provide reports for the senior managements of schools on the activity of the teachers and students within their school;
- To generate aggregated reports for use by Exam Prepper Ltd. to improve the content and functionality of the site.
- To provide updates about our products and services;
- To send a confirmation notice to the User of the registration;
- To administer and manage accounts: including (but not limited to):
- responding to questions raised by Users;
- resetting passwords;
- contacting the User about any problems with the User’s account or conduct on the Site;
- To send emails to inform teachers that the homework tasks that they have set are ready to mark;
- To send emails to students to inform them that:
- they have been set homework;
- their homework has been marked and is ready for review.
- For administrative, planning, product / service development, quality control and research purposes relating to our products / services;
- For marketing purposes, but only where we have express or implied consent to contact someone or we are otherwise permitted by law to do so.
- Users may also opt out at any time by following the specific opt out instructions within the communications that we send.
- The Site does not provide students with any means to communicate directly with each other.
- There are no chat rooms connected with this site.
What will we not do with your personal information?
Exam Prepper Ltd will keep your personal information confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge your information to advertisers or any external third parties, unless:
- We believe, in good faith, that we are legally required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with law, regulation, legal process, court order or subpoena;
- To enforce our Terms & Conditions and / or the terms of the licence granted to access and use the Site;
- The disclosure is to a third party that acts on our behalf or processes data on our behalf, such as a distributor of our products and services, the licensor or owner of a product or resource that we distribute, or to a contracted service provider;
- To protect the safety and security of our Users and our Site.
Generally we will only use your information within Exam Prepper Ltd; however, sometimes we may provide aggregated data to government education departments, education trusts, school trusts, any body that manages or represent schools, or schools themselves.
How long will we hold your information?
- We retain the personal information that we collect from and about our Users for as long as required to provide access to the Site and / or to manage that User’s account.
- We take reasonable steps to delete the personal information we collect if your registration to use our Site lapses and users opt out of receiving further communications from us, or if they ask us to delete their information.
- We may however retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
- We may retain and use anonymous and aggregated information for performance reporting, benchmarking, analytic purposes and to help us to maintain and improve the product / service.
- Users can request that their personal information be deleted by contacting us by email; write to [email protected]
Keeping your personal information secure
- We are committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep the personal information we collect and use in a secure environment, and we have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use & modification. As part of our privacy compliance processes we review these security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
Data transfers, storage and processing globally
- Users’ personal information is uploaded to and stored on servers that are maintained by third parties that comply with strict contractual privacy obligations. These servers are located in the UK and the EU.
- By consenting to the collection and use of their personal information, “Users’’ consent to their personal information being transferred and stored in this manner.
Anonymous or aggregated information
- In addition to personal information and results data, Exam Prepper Ltd also collects anonymous information about Users and their activities on the Site. This information is not linked to the name or identity of a user and used for performance reporting, marketing, analytics and to assist in enhancing the product / services. The information remains anonymous at all times.
- Exam Prepper Ltd may utilise third-party providers to power elements of the Company’s online marketing and / or advertising. These service providers may collect data about Users’ activities that does not personally or directly identify Users when they visit our website or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (i.e. publishers). This information may include the content viewed, the date and time it is viewed, products purchased, or location information associated with IP address. We may use the information we and these third party service providers collect to serve more relevant advertisements regarding our products and services. We collect information about where you saw the ads and what ads you clicked on. This is data that does not personally or directly identify you.
- When agreeing to the Term and Conditions, Users grant us the right to use this anonymous information for our own purposes, such as the preparation of statistical reports or to change the content of our products.
A cookie is a little piece of information handed to a web browser from a web server that contains information that can be retrieved later. When you visit the Site the server may attach a cookie to your computer’s memory.
- Keep track of whether you are signed in or have previously signed in so that we can display all the features that are available to you;
- Remember your settings on the pages you visit, so that we can display your preferred content in the manner that you prefer each time you visit;
- Customise the function and appearance of the pages you visit based on information relating to your account; for example, in order to default you to a particular point in a test if you have previously left a task incomplete, or to remember customised settings for a report.
This information is not linked to any personal information provided by the User and cannot be used to identify the User.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. The following link will take to a website that tells you how to delete them from all of the major browsers. However, you may find that some of this website’s features may not function if you do so.
Google ClassRoom API
Some schools may wish to use the Google Classroom Integration to create classes of pupils, for those pupils to be set work by the teacher to appear directly in their classroom.This negates the need to send and receive emails from the site. If using Google Classroom you, as a teacher or school, are therefore allowing access to the names and classroom access of your students. There are several verification screens which outlay what data is used and how. Our team will take you through this process.
What are your data protection rights?
Exam Prepper Ltd. would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to:
- The right to access – you have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – you have the to request that Exam Prepper Ltd. correct any information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Exam Prepper Ltd completes any information that you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that Exam Prepper erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to Exam Prepper’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data -portability – you have the right to request that Exam Prepper transfers the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by writing to us at Privacy Officer, Exam Prepper Ltd, 4 Ethelden Road, London, W12 7BG.
- We will assist the data controller in providing subject access and allowing data subjects to exercise their rights under the GDPR.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. The following link will take you to the page on their website that lists all of their contact details.
Users may wish to check it each time they submit personal information. You will be deemed to have consented to such variation by your continued use of the Site following any changes being made.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may have the right to contact the regulator responsible for privacy in your home country.