Terms and Conditions
About our Terms & Conditions
This page provides information about who we are and the legal terms and conditions that may apply to your use of gcseprepper.co.uk, gcseprepper.com or gcseprepper.co.uk (the Site) whether as a registered user or as a guest.
Information about Exam Prepper Ltd.
- This Sites are owned and powered by Exam Prepper Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 11685587) hose registered office is at 4 Ethelden Road, London W12 7BG. Unless we say otherwise, we use the terms “ExamPrepper”, “GCSEPrepper”, “we” and “us” on this website to refer to Exam Prepper Ltd.
Acknowledgment and acceptance of Terms & Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the Site; regardless of how you access the Site, including any technologies or devices by which ExamPrepper makes the Website available to you at home, or on the move. You must read these Terms and Conditions carefully, and we recommend that you download or print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using, or registering with the Site, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, please do not use this Site.
- These Terms & Conditions apply to all users, irrespective of whether a licence to Access the Site has been purchased by a school (or other type educational institution) on behalf of their students and teachers, or directly by a student or parent.
- Where students are minors, permission must be sought by that student’s school or parent / guardian (as applicable) before that student is provided with Access to the Site.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to revise, amend and update the Terms & Conditions of the site at any time. The new Terms & Conditions will become effective on the date of posting to the Site of the new and amended provisions.
- We believe that the app is fully GDPR compliant. The servers are UK based, we have encrypted data and passwords and most of all a private system with schools being their own data silos.
- We do not and will never sell or knowingly divulge your information to advertisers; the only emails we send out are transactional based on an event (e.g. “You have new homework”). There are no payments taken or made on the site. We can delete pupils names and users as and when we receive a written request from someone with authority to make the request.
- All answers are stored anonymously.
- GCSE Prepper may only be offered as a hosted solution as crowd marking is central to the service and requires a centralised system.
- We have SLAs based on the service provided by our server providers.
- We are of course more than happy to be subjected to compliance tests or to talk to lawyers.
- The Site and our Content is continuously evolving. We reserve the right to delete, modify, change, evolve and improve existing Content, including curriculum, product features and tools, at any time without notice or consent.
Exam Prepper Ltd’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
- Exam Prepper Ltd may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms, or if you act in a manner that is unlawful or prohibited by any laws applicable to the Site, or that we deem to be inappropriate or inconsistent with the spirit of these Terms & Conditions.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Site shall not affect either party’s rights or liabilities.
Password and security
- When you register to use the Site you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. Please notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account by emailing us at [email protected]
- If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Site, we may require you to change your password.
Your use of the site
- You may only use the Site for lawful purposes and you may not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Site. You must not use the Content for commercial purposes without first obtaining our express written authority.
Damage to your computer or other device
- Exam Prepper Ltd uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will not cause damage to your computer or other device.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the Website safely and to prevent access from anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, Exam Prepper Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
Malicious damage to the Site
- When using the Site, you must not introduce viruses, worms, trojans or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. In the event of such a breach, your rights to use this Site will cease immediately. We may also recover for any loss or damage caused by such a breach. Furthermore, you must not try to gain unauthorised access to this site, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
- You must not attack this site in any way; this includes, but is not limited to denial-of-service attacks.
- ExamPrepper will report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to this site to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them. We may also recover for any loss or damage caused by such an attack.
- Although Exam Prepper Ltd aims to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the Site will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If you find a fault occurs in the service, please report it immediately by email at [email protected] and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Tesco will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
Data and our servers are backed up nightly, both locally and remotely. Backups are held in secure EU/UK locations and managed by our team. All backups are stored for two weeks. Our cloud infrastructure is backed up hourly and retained for thirty days. The purpose of the backups is for disaster recovery only.
Content uploaded by Users
Users may not upload content that includes any of the following:
- racist, profane, spiteful, blasphemous, sexually explicit, sexually gratuitous or discriminatory comments;
- content that might be considered to be harassment, abuse or threats against the personal safety or property of others;
- comments about teachers or students;
- remarks that repeat criminal accusations, or false, defamatory or misleading statements;
- material which impersonates others or personal information about anyone, including yourself, such as phone numbers, postal addresses or credit card numbers;
- spam or advertising;
- third party brand names or trade marks;
- HTML code, computer script or website URLs.
Please email us immediately at [email protected] to let us know if you see any content which does not comply with our rules.
Individual licences (“Home subscriptions”)
- Home subscription licences for the Site are for individual, non-commercial, purposes and are non-transferable.
- Users are responsible for their own internet usage charges. It is the responsibility of the User to ensure their computer and internet access is sufficient to access the Site.
- Trading & Shipping Policy: Goods are supplied immediately upon processing of credit card details. All taxes are detailed on the tax invoice provided to the client. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Bank Debit cards. We do not accept Amex or Diners Club.
- Customer Service Policy: All goods and services supplied will be in good working order. All faulty goods will be exchanged for a working version at no additional cost to the client or the purchase price will be refunded.
- Returns/Refunds Policy: For home subscriptions we offer a no-questions-asked 10 day money back guarantee. No refunds will be offered after this time unless the goods/services are faulty and cannot be repaired or replaced, or otherwise in accordance with applicable statutory consumer protection laws.
- Credit Card Transaction Policy: All credit card transactions are completed over a secure internet connection using strong cryptography and security protocols. Digital certificates are used to maximise security when receiving credit card information.
- Consumer Purchasing Information Policy: Purchasing information provided from online transactions is used for accounting purposes only. After payment, no credit card details are retained or stored. Stringent physical and technological measures are taken to protect customer information.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- Exam Prepper Ltd makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of any of the information included on this website. Neither Exam Prepper Ltd nor any other person or entity accepts liability for any loss of whatsoever nature or howsoever caused, arising directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance upon this website or any of the information it contains; except where warranties are made non-excludable by applicable legislation.
- We and our directors, officers, agents, employees and contractors do not guarantee or warrant the Site will be uninterrupted, or free of errors, delays, omissions or viruses.
- Content is provided “as is”; without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, as to accuracy, timeliness and completeness except where warranties are made non-excludable by applicable legislation.
- Neither we, nor our directors, officers, employees, agents, or contractors will be liable for any loss or damage, however it arises (in negligence or otherwise), in connection with your Access, the Content or any omissions from the Content, except where liability is made non-excludable by applicable legislation.
- You agree to indemnify us and our directors, officers, employees, agents, and contractors and keep us and all of them indemnified, against all loss, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees), claims and damages arising from any breach by you of the Terms & Conditions, or reliance by you on any information obtained through the Site or your Access to the Site.
We may terminate access to this Site at any time without notice. The Terms & Conditions will nevertheless survive any such termination.
Links to other websites
- The Site may contain links to third party sites (Linked Sites). Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any.
- We provide these hyperlinks to you as convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the Linked Site by us or by our directors, officers, employees, agents, and contractors.
- You link to any Linked Site or subsequent site entirely at your own risk.
- Neither we nor our directors, officers, agents, employees and contractors give any representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of any Linked Sites or subsequent sites, nor do they or we accept any responsibility arising in any way from errors in, omissions from, or viruses from any Linked Sites or subsequent sites.
- We do not accept any liability for any failure to comply with the Terms & Conditions where the failure is due to circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control.
- Our failure to act in a particular circumstance does not waive our ability to act with respect to that circumstances or similar circumstances.
- However, if we expressly waive any rights available to us under these Terms & Conditions on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
- If any of the Terms & Conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will nevertheless continue in full force.
Law and jurisdiction
- Any matters that arise out of your use of the Site (including any contract entered between you and us through the Site) shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you are a consumer resident in an E.E.A member state, you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer rights in connection with the use of the Site before the courts of England and Wales or the courts of your resident country, it being agreed and understood that in no case may this governing law prejudice the level of a consumer’s protection ensured by the laws of your country of residence.
The Terms & Conditions were last updated on the 7th July 2022.